Today, the transceiver can be bought in specialized outlets as well as online stores, where there is a large assortment of different manufacturers of this equipment. You can also use different transceivers depending on the tasks to be solved at the moment. When buying a transceiver necessary to pay attention not only on its value but also on the technical characteristics: the correct choice depends on the quality of the functioning of the whole system, so the acquisition of the device should be approached with great responsibility.
(1) Take a look at it: Whether it can support full-duplex and half-duplex, since some chips in the market just use full-duplex environment, cannot support half-duplex, connected to other brands of switches (n -way switch) or a hub (hub), using a semi-duplex mode, will cause a serious collision and packet loss.
(2) Decide your budget: There are a lot of brands available in the market, and so are hundred of manufacturers. Not all of these transceivers are worthy of purchase, and therefore, you need to make a decision not only regarding quality but also regarding optical transceiver price.
(3) See whether to prevent loss of device of security, as many manufacturers, during the production of fiber optic transceivers, in order to reduce the costs, often using the transfer mode registration data (register, the biggest drawback in this way) that is, the instability of data transmission will cause the loss of packets, and the best way is to use a buffer circuit design, safe to avoid data loss.
(4) To see if the product is temperature tested: Fiber optic transceivers produce high heat, usually outdoors, so the temperature is very high (cannot be higher than 50°c) in addition to its environment fiber optic transceiver installation if the normal operation, the user, is critical to consider factors! the maximum permissible working temperature is how much? Equipment for one needs long-term to run this very worthy of our attention!
(5) To see if the product according to ieee802.3 standard- Fiber optic transceivers (Cisco GLC-SX-MMD) must meet the IEEE 802.3 standard. If it does not match the standards, then, certainly, there is a compatibility problem.
(6) Weigh manufacturer service: Imagine if your computer breaks, the factory a few days has not solved the problem; your loss is a lot! Therefore, to have the early after-sales service timely response, will suggest you select when the region with strong technical force excellent, good reputation professional company. Only a rich experience in troubleshooting professional technical engineers, the most advanced troubleshooting tools!
(7) Purchase carefully: Notice the features of the product, and the housing of the fiber module whether old or shiny or has signs of wear. In the current market, many suppliers, to obtain large profits, cause a lot of hidden network transmission, such as optical fiber optics module path being contaminated in the transmission of the signal by a decline in transmission quality. The transmission quality drops, and as a result, the sensitivity at the reception also gets reduced. It can also cause the phenomenon of data loss.